Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hellz Bellz





Hellz Bellz ladies. If you are into fashion, then you know what is up, if not let us introduce you to a line that is crazy. Beyonce, Cassie, and Teyana Taylor are customers/lovers of the line. It has caught on crazy with underground heads, and hipsters into serious urban fashion.

Personamagazine.net caught up with one of the founders.

Persona Magazine: Where did you grow up?

Laurie Alabaza: I grew up in south east San Diego.

PM: What are some of your early influences that you feel affected your design style?

LA: umm….well coming from San Diego I was definitely effected by the skate culture we have here but most of my inspiration came when I was in New York. I really took in a lot of the culture there and it really had an impact on me.

PM: Prior to Hellz Bellz where did you get your start designing?

LA: I started as a graphic designer for the ladies department of Triple 5 Soul, from there I moved on to become the art director at Rockawear……which I worked at for about 3 years prior to starting Bellz.

PM: What do you feel Hellz Bellz brings to the fashion market?

LA: Well what we did with Hellz is to design it very differently from what was in the street wear market at the time. A lot of the designs that were out there were designed by men. So many times you would get shirts that had flowers and overly cute designs that they felt women wanted. Really what women want is cool progressive designs so I feel that Bellz fits that void.

PM:What are some of your company’s goals for 2009?

LA: My goal for this year really isn’t different then last year which is to grow the brand slowly. Maybe we will add more accessories to the line and possibly a men’s line.


The girl came up through the ranks the right way, gotta respect that. Like she says, this line is not for church, this is to make a statement ladies. Some of the garments feature ladies flipping the bird, as well as cuss words.

Check out some of the line below, and the rest of the interview at personamagazine.net

No comments: